first

i have had seventeen years of "firsts." some of these firsts have led to seconds & thirds & fourths & fifths & sixths, while some have never lived long enough to see the sequel. i lost ( & swallowed ) my first tooth while eating bubble gum flavored ice cream. my first kiss was on april 27 and i was so nervous that after we pulled away from each other, all i could do was laugh. the first time i drove on the freeway, i accidentally entered onto the exit ramp & started crying when the oncoming traffic honked at me. my first heartbreak was on a friday, & my head & eyes ached as i cried to my best friend while she made me a turkey sandwich. it was 2:48 in the morning when i heard my favorite song in the world for the very first time. there are some firsts i can't recall. like i can't remember the first slurpee i ever had, or the first time i was disappointed in my parents, instead of the other way around. but here i am writing my very first post on my very first blog on the back of a crumpled receipt & i know that when i hit the orange publish button, i will be making a first impression to potentially hundreds of strangers, & i'm terrified.


Comments

  1. For the first time, a "stranger" compliments you:
    good post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You gave us special firsts moments, moments to care about, and tied it back into an intro. I'd call it a successful post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The details you remember make this so real. Awesome job

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the details and just all of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be visiting again soon. Keep up the incredible work :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is so fantastic. i wanted to keep on reading you made it so interesting and so heartfelt. you are great

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoyed this(: I really like the idea of "firsts"

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is probably one of my favorite intros! So good!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. my first heartbreak was on a friday too

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the details. The specifics. This was everything an intro should be.

    Welcome to the blogs. You're doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. SWALLOWING THAT TOOTH AHHHHHHGH!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. GOD! I miss this class :( Your blog is incredible... honestly. I thought my class had some creative creative writers but you........... damn. Great stuff! Keep it coming!

    Also, I love how your blog has funk music... plz plz plz what if your favorite song? I want to know!!! Do you listen to breakbot? Okay... I'm done :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw you are too nice, thank you so much ! um my favorite song is probably poison oak by bright eyes, which is a totally different sound from what you're hearing on my blog.. i would say i dig a bunch of different styles. and no i haven't listened to breakbot, but i will give it a listen !

      Delete

Post a Comment