early december, 11:08 pm

exaltation happened on a friday night
in a gas station parking lot
my mother kissed my fingers & told me
that it's alright
& that i am alright


i found salvation at three am
when white teethed boys ruffled my hair
their hands on my left thigh telling me
that i was home
that they were my home


so while my pen bleeds about his milk skin
& my tangled sheets
please just know
this was never who i was
this was never who i was supposed to be


( i stripped my bed sheets last night 
trying to put old demons behind me
it was a hard day week month year 
but it's alright
& i will be alright )

Comments

  1. this is incredible and raw. thank you thank you thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's open and raw and most of all honest. I really like this one

    ReplyDelete
  3. uhhhhhhh! I really like the realness of this, nothing left out and not too much in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "my mother kissed my fingers" - you write with such exactness

    "when white teethed boys ruffled my hair" - you are a poet

    you manage to write about beauty and tragedy at the same time, it's my favorite thing

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmm this was so good. Love the first two lines of every stanza

    "exaltation happened on a friday night
    in a gas station parking lot"

    "i found salvation at three am
    when white teethed boys ruffled my hair"

    "so while my pen bleeds about his milk skin
    & my tangled sheets"

    "i stripped my bed sheets last night
    trying to put old demons behind me"

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the way you write. its breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment