3 / 27 / 2016

maybe my soul is all right, but my body is all wrong 

because my feet are always a little too crooked & my hands are always a little too purple

but every scrape on my knee has healed & i wear my heart on my cheek whenever i blush

yeah, my body is all right
it's my soul that's all wrong 

because i am a war when i go to church & i am always sad on friday nights

but i've always said thank you to the grocery store clerk & i let kind words curl & collapse off my lips whenever possible

yeah, my soul is all right too
i am all right
i am all right

Comments

  1. "but I've always said thank you to the grocery store clerk"
    Your writing is incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for the way you've ended this.


    you're beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore you. You are a beautiful person with so many beautiful treasures about you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, good, exquisite, God, so so real.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment