untitled no. 6

i am 17 years old 
i do bad things
drugs & sex & theft
& no one hums lullabies
settling for toleration
letting the wrong people connect constellations on my skin
they always burn out
they always burn out
collapsing on velvet couches
god i hate sleeping alone


i am 18 years old
the bad thoughts still linger
though not as often anymore
& voices like violets
cradle me throughout the night
i crawl back in bed
morning always comes
thank you to all the beautiful people
thank you for all the beautiful poems
i can now find the little dipper 
take it easy ( but please love something )

Comments

  1. Power.

    You remind me of one of my favorite writers (Cheryl Strayed, aka Dear Sugar).

    Raw beautiful power.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't pick one thing to repeat, I love this. And I feel this so strong it's making me sad. I love this. I love this.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment