out of order

the first time a boy ever kissed me
i was a junior in highschool
& it happened in my mom's car


the first time a boy ever took my clothes off
i was in fourth grade
& i’ve only told two people


the first time a boy ever held my hand
i was a freshman in college
& i told him to take it easy


the first time a boy ever took me on a date
i was a senior in highschool
& we listened to my typhoon cd


when i kiss boys my head always spins
& when i listen to lime tree i get nauseous
i know these things aren’t related, but maybe they are


i can't tell you why i'm typing this
or why i’m choosing to publish this
or if anyone will even read this


i can’t tell you why i did those things
or why he did those things
or why i told you about them on dryden’s trampoline


i can’t tell you why i like his blue sweater
or why i don’t write much anymore
or why my legs look like train tracks, because, well

i just don’t know

Comments

  1. I'm sitting here trying to figure out what part of this to quote in my comment but the whole thing is too damn good and lime tree is playing and we're all getting older and this captures it so perfectly

    I'm so glad you're still here

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment