unholy night ( 3 of 3 )

meet me at the garden of gethsemane
we can kiss & undress & forget all our sins
it will be a prayer when i bruise my knees for you

we can share wine from a coffee cup
& break baked bread together
it's the last supper & we're eating on my bedroom floor 

give me your crown of thorns
place it right on my forehead,
in the same place you kiss me goodnight

nail me to the cross before you go
left hand the next time i hear that mixtape
right hand when you wear the shirt from that holy night

pierce my side when you kiss my hips
both of us know it will take me longer than 3 days to heal
both of us don't care 

it's just us in this tomb
our bodies tangled in sheets
& our bodies tangled together

the sky goes dark when you leave
& i don't leave my bed for days on end
forgive him father, for he knows not what he has done

forgive him father, for he knows not what he has done



Comments