august 24

it is you i feel most alive with
when we're driving until curfew comes & time has expired
when we're going 87 miles per hour & you're painting your nails
& that time you were high & ate a peanut butter & ham sandwich
when you yell at me for singing too loud, but my stereo is broken so i'm all you've got
when we shared a sleeping bag & choked on campfire smoke
when you taught me how to snowboard & i taught you how to ski
when we ran through backyards & city parks naked
& the time when your dad forgot us at a gas station in wyoming

you are the chorus of my favorite song
you are the book i read to find god
you are the first week of april & the third week of june
you are the person i can call at 4 a.m. & not have to apologize because i know you haven't gone to bed yet
you are the raspberry peach mountain dews & the occasional crunch wrap supreme

when i am with you my teeth chatter
& i want to throw my arms above my head
my hands shake, i get goosebumps, i am alive, & i love you

i love you, i love you, i love you

Comments

  1. I hate you, because I want to be you! this is so amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome. Loved all the random memories and August 24 my dads bday idk why that matters. But good writing cool

    ReplyDelete
  4. "you are the first week of april & the third week of june" I don't know why I just love this line

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment