i kissed michael falk for one nickel

i ran away from the neighborhood boy who tried to kiss me,
the one with freckles on his face & had chocolate milk eyes

i slept with the hallway lights on
& dad was always there to tuck me in

days got longer but went by faster
& i got a little bigger but i think i'm mostly still the same

except i moved away from that neighborhood boy
his face is a little older & his eyes a little more tired but still are chocolate milk

i only sleep with the lights on sometimes
& now dad sleeps in his car

when i was younger i was scared of boys kissing me
& now that i'm older i'm scared of boys not kissing me

when i was younger i was scared of going to sleep
& now i'm scared because i still have nightmares

( i'm sorry if i'm not making much sense, i'm just tired )

Comments

  1. like like likeeeeee

    ReplyDelete
  2. so much sense to me. you're just too good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. this is still good four days later, and yes, i was also wondering who michael falk is

      Delete
  4. there's certain posts that just hit you, mostly because you just know that each word means something to the author, and i think that makes it even more beautiful. this is one of those posts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you're brilliant.

    thank you for introducing me to Of Montreal

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is unreal. So amazing I love it

    ReplyDelete
  7. i can't even....you manage to blow me away with every post. but this one hit me hard. this is pure gold

    ReplyDelete
  8. it's been three years and this is still good and I don't know if your blog is public anymore but the chocolate milk eyes omg

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment