d43 this is me

i was driving home with my sister when she asked me who i was.
"like are you popular, are you a nerd, a burn out, what ?"

i told her i didn't know.
i'm just rachel.

& then she asked me what i wanted to be when i grow up.

& i told her i didn't know.
just rachel i guess.

& i got to thinking, i don't know who i am, & i don't know what i want to be when i grow up, but i know who i want to be right now.

i want to be intriguing.
i want to be genuine.
i want to be empathetic.
i want to be thoughtful.
i want to be passionate about something, passionate about anything.
i want to be "warm yellow light that pours over the people i love."                                                                            

when i talk, i want people to listen.

i want to be the kind of person who sleeps eight hours a night & the kind of person who spends the remaining sixteen creating something.

i want to create memories & friends & happiness & poetry & feelings.

i want to be rachel.
i'm okay with being just rachel.


xoxo,
rachel bridges, a4











Comments

  1. this is beautiful, your writing is beautiful as d43 and Rachel. Very glad to know who you are now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you write, I listen.

    Very nice to meet you, Rachel.

    I want to be a lot of the same things you want to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I told her I didn't know
    I'm just Rachel."
    I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job Rachel. Great blog. Loved it all

    ReplyDelete
  6. totally heard you were stacia daley. So awesome tho

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had always assumed this was your blog. Great reveal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. so insanely proud of you my love bucket

    ReplyDelete
  9. i'm so honored to finally meet you

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was beautiful. Truly. I've loved your blog and you are very beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  11. love this reveal and love your writing

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your blog has always been a favorite. Nice to meet you :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have always loved your blog so much.

    and I think you're one of the prettiest girls I know.

    good job d435 me (I have no idea what your pen name means, but it's so cool.)

    ReplyDelete
  14. "when i talk, i want people to listen."
    Amen! Great reveal and nice to meet you

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have been one of my favorite blogs from the very beginning. Love the way you write! Youre seriously talented and Im happy to finally know who you are! Great reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  16. woah.
    one of my favorite reveals, hands down.
    beyond incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your blog hasn't always been one of my favorites! I don't know you but I REALLY want to.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment