apartment 204, room e

i go on lots of walks now, sometimes 12 miles a day
sometimes right in the morning,
sometimes right before bed,
but always when my apartment has become too much much

sometimes i bring my paints 
& sometimes i don't,
but i always begin listening to the two same songs 
( fancy shoes by the walters & shut up & kiss me by angel olsen )

there's a boy down the road who says he wants to hold my hand, 
but im not sure if i really believe him 
( & maybe im scared of getting bad again too )

he's cute & i like his lucky jacket & his eyes look like the ivy that grows in my neighborhood,
but he sent me a text two days ago & i still don't know how to respond 

i don't eat very often now, 
mostly because it's hard to leave my bed, but partly because i don't know how im going to pay for groceries this week,
( i don't tell my mom because dad already works three jobs & i want to do this myself )

i only have four dollars, 
but im saving those for altoids & bubblegum & maybe a grape soda for when im missing kobie

i found my favorite place last week, 
it's an underpass ( i peed there once ) 
& theres graffiti all over but i find it all very beautiful 

everyday i write "take it easy" on my left thigh & it reminds me to be warm yellow light that pours over everyone i love

yesterday a butterfly landed on the tip of my nose & you were the first person i thought to tell

i wasn't planning on writing about you today, love is funny that way isn't it ?

im sad of the person i was
& sad of the person i maybe still am

but you make me less sad

when your fingertips touch my kneecaps
& when we cried at the laundromat

im not sure what i will be doing next year or hell, what im doing tomorrow night

but i do know you make me happy 

& im trying to be happy, i really, really am




( written in aisle 7 of the walmart supercenter, september 10 )
 

Comments

  1. I read this three times trying to pick a favorite line but I give up. I like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. This is thrilling, but in such an honest way.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment