written on a napkin, many months ago

it's been a long year,
for the both of us

you fell in love, then out of love, then back in again
i spent nights sleeping in the driveway because i don't always like the sound of my home

you almost winded up in the morgue
cause of death
was the tornado in my chest
you've always come to close to the storm

outer space makes you sad,
but i love you more than comets or the milky way

thank you for that twilight
for being there on my worst day
( you saved my life back last march,
& i never figured out how to tell you )

thank you
for straightening my spin
& tying my hair back,
but now it's my turn
to bend your ribcage
twist your body until it's smooth like a stone
then you & i can skip the entire way home

please do not believe anyone who tells you
you are too much
or not enough

please never again
shrink to become
a wilting girl's shadow

i dug up my time capsule
can love be saved like an artifact ?
i want every bit of you
from your baby teeth
to the september in your eyes
that are sometimes warm like june

stay here with me
with the wilted sunflowers & shitty poetry

here with a horizon like a blood orange
split each wedge apart
& hold me in your arms

stay here tonight
& i will read you this poetry
& you can hold me

please just hold me

Comments

  1. This is beautiful.

    "i spent nights sleeping in the driveway because i don't always like the sound of my home"
    And this hit me hard, cause yeah. Same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "the september in your eyes
    that are sometimes warm like june"

    YES YES I LOVE THAT

    ReplyDelete
  3. if this was a tweet, i'd retweet it (that's a dumb compliment but i just want to let you know i like it and i feel like saying "i like this" isn't good enough?)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment